Hello all, I am back with my bridal shop feature and I have recently visited two bridal shops. I was so excited to visit them, I get so much joy from doing these features. Getting to meet and chat to the fabulous Women behind these shops is a real pleasure for me. I always come away feeling energised and I also learn from it. I just know you are going to love both of these shops. When visiting I got the insider information on trends, tips for brides and what you can expect when you visit these shops. *This post is not sponsored*
This post is dedicated to The Bridal Studio in Drogheda. From the outside, the studio appears modest in size but once you enter it you will be pleasantly surprised as it has so much space. It is also spotless and the dresses are kept in immaculate condition, as they are covered in a clear bag when hung up. This ensures that you, the bride are trying on clean and fresh dresses.
They have a vast selection of dresses and they wrap around the top floor, there are also two beautiful fitting rooms located on the top floor and two on the ground floor, even with various fitting rooms you are sure to have privacy at your fitting. The rooms located upstairs are very private and they offer so much space to brides during their fitting, so you have plenty of space to look at the dresses you try on. I was also drawn to the beautiful window display showcasing some breath-taking dresses.
I was welcomed so warmly by Laura and we could have honesty chatted all day. If this is what I experienced as a visitor I can assure you that as a bride to be you will get the most welcoming & professional service when it comes to your appointment. The Bridal Studio also caters for bridesmaids and Communions.
|Some bridesmaid dresses I love the pastel colours|
Below are Laura’s top tips, trends & advice for brides to be.
- Clean lines, simple and sophisticated. Illusion backs with floating beaded lace appliqués.
- Lace continues to be a strong theme with an emphasis on beaded appliqués and sequined tulle.
- Sheath dresses are on trend however the full traditional ball gown has become more popular
- Back detail, brides are focusing on that back detail more, as it is what your guests mostly see during the ceremony.
- They are just back from Harrogate (for those that don’t know this is the biggest buying trip of the year for bridal wear). Two fabrics stood out across various collections and they are Mikado (heavier fabric can be more suited to winter months) and crepe fabric (lighter fabric suitable for a summer wedding or a wedding abroad)
- Bardot Neckline is strong for brides & bridesmaids.
- Softer colour palettes are coming through for brides blush, light champagne.
Tips for brides when dress hunting:
- Buying your wedding dress is probably the most important purchase that you will make. It is an emotional purchase rather than a practical decision,let yourself go with the emotional feeling
- Think of a person who makes you feel really good and at your best. This is the type of person that a bride needs to have with them when it comes choosing their dress.
- It is important for staff to focus on what the bride is looking for in a dress and to look at what part of her body she really wants to emphasise e.g. her bum, waist or she might want to cover up a larger bust.
- The more feedback staff get during your appointment the better (tell them what you like/ don’t like , be honest and open) as it enables them to help you find the perfect dress.
- Every bride should have the magical experience of trying on dresses that they love regardless of their size. At The Bridal Studio this is catered for.
- The Bridal Studio is in business 13 years and because of this they have the knowledge, experience and expertise. They have had the pleasure of meeting thousands of brides.
- The Bridal Studio has dress sizes from 10-26. They cover all budgets with dresses ranging from €895-€2295.
- We would ask that brides phone ahead to make an appointment as it is important that you the you experiences the full consultation and that your appointment is not rushed.
- Appointments last for 1hour 30minutes, so plenty of time to find "The One"
How do they feel when Brides say yes to the dress?
You can see it building up in them and they keep on looking at the dress, you can't really help but get swept away tied by the emotion of it all.
I asked Laura to describe The Bridal Studio in three words and she describes it as being “Fun, Caring and Professional”. These are definitely three elements that I would want from a bridal appointment and a shop, as it is one of the happiest times in your life.
Love & Sparkle