Once everything has settled down after your engagement the real planning starts. Soon after some of the main things are booked such as your venue, band and photographer, you will then start to be asked this question constantly by your friends and family "So have you thought about your dress yet?" There are so many different styles of dresses and designers out there and this can make choosing your dress extremely difficult and overwhelming for some. If you watch "Yes To The Dress" you will know exactly what I am talking about.
This post features some of my tips and examples of the main style of dress that is out there. Below are some pictures of my dress, which was mermaid style.
- Enjoy the whole process and try not to get stressed about it.
- Do not get caught up on your weight at the time of trying on dresses (it is pressure you do not need to put on yourself)
- Stick to your budget if you are on one and do not try on dresses that are outside of it.
- Do not bring loads of people with you to your appointments. Maybe your Mam ,close friend and bridesmaid. (I say this because everyone has an opinion and having too many can totally confuse you.)
- Be open minded when it comes to trying on something different. What you think you want might not be suited to you and that's ok.
- Book your appointment a few months in advance. Do not leave it until the last minute.
- Apply a small bit of tan a day or two before your dress appointment ,this will ensure no tan goes on the dress and it is natural looking. (this is something I did and that's because I like a little bit of tan on me)
- Do not over stretch yourself with loads of appointments in the one day (3 is a nice number).
- Do not over try dresses on this can lead to your mind being swamped with choice and too much choice can be a bad thing.
- Wear good underwear, i.e. nude knickers and bring a strapless bra with you.
- If you find you are being treated rudely by the a bridal shop during your booking, then leave and take your business elsewhere as you need to feel special.
- When you try on "The One" you will get that feeling that everyone speaks about and it is magic.
- Most importantly, finish off the day with a glass of wine or a cocktail (or both).
Happy dress shopping and any comments/questions let me know? You can also follow my blog on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and my Snapchat is maryroche2, please come say hi.
Love & Sparkle xxx
Below are some examples of the various styles that are out there.
Ball Gown by Maggie Sottero
Trumpet JLM Couture
Mermaid Stephanie Allin